I should have seen this coming. I knew I couldn't avoid it forever. If you know me at all you'll know one of my biggest fears is the dentist. And would you guess I get to go this afternoon for a root canal on my front tooth. I don't even know how they do that and I've decided not to dwell on it or I think I'll loose it. A friend told me she knew someone who had this done and they went through their nose to do it, ok officially freaked! It all started Monday, my tooth was throbbing and by that afternoon I knew I'd have to go. I went yesterday morning so they could take a look and see what the problem was. The dental assistant who was with me said "oh it just looks like your gums have become ultra sensitive because your pregnant and a good cleaning would help that" well I was feeling ok with that, not great, but ok. Then the dentist came in and well the story changed. They've already seen me cry so they know what a basket case I am, but I don't think they get the full scope of my issues. I think they may be out to torture me, I had my appointment set for 11:30am today but they called and asked if they could move me to 3pm, oh sure lets drag this out so I can stew on it a little longer.
I'm looking for a disc man to take with me because I can't stand the sounds of the scraping or drilling, I'm not even sure if I get the gas because I'm pregnant, which I need for two reasons, one to calm me down but two to help with the smell, I think I'll throw up if I don't have any. Also to make things that much better I can't take my valume before I go either. So yeah, this is pretty much my worst fear come true. Not only do I have to go to the dentist I can't be drugged to do it.
I am in pain and know I have to do this. My face is starting to swell, I woke up this morning and Todd said I looked like a "Who" my upper lip is swollen and I feel like Jane on "Fun with Dick & Jane" when she does the cosmetic experiment and her face swells. I am looking forward to not being in pain anymore, I've taken so many Tylenol and they don't seem to do a thing. I hope I can come away from this a little more confident in going to the dentist even though I know I still won't love it.
Wish me luck, I"ll let you know how it goes.
Fears
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Poor Tiffany. Good luck. I hope it all went well. Hopefully by now you're almost done with it all...
Been there, done that...and it's not really too bad...of course I had the gas, and don't remember anything. I hope all went well...the dentist has never been on my list of favorites! Let us know how you're doing! :)
Post a Comment