Camp out

Saturday, August 2, 2008

I had big plans this summer to go camping as a family. It's already August and it's not looking like it's going to happen. The boys and I guess Ellie too, love to sleep in the tent so Todd pulled out our 4 man tent and set it up in the back yard for he and the boys to sleep in. Ellie got to play out there with her pillow and blanket before bed so she had a small part in the camp out. She and I slept in our beds because there was no way I was sleeping on the ground being 7 mo pregnant. I also knew that Ellie was too tired to make it out there and sure enough not 5 min after I put her to bed she was out. The boys of course had a great time with dad in the tent and played in it most of the morning after. Maybe next year we'll make it out offically, as much fun as it is to camp with a 9mo old by then. It's all about making memories right.


4 comments:

Macie Crabtree said...

looks like lots and lots of boy fun!!! and hey! you got the whole bed to yourself!! I love that (especially when I am pregnant!) I can't beleive you are 7 months along!! WOO HOO! post a picture of you!!! :-)

emily :) said...

That is all the camping we have done this year too...in the backyard! We had great plans too! I suppose there is still a month left of summer, so we should at least try :) If I were you though, I would encourage backyard camping, at least until you've had the baby!! :)

bearnjo.com said...

Who are those children?? Couldn't be yours, yours are tiny and still like babies. You move away and your children grow much faster. You need to come back! Jodie

Dacia said...

Sorry we never went camping with you guys. It seems like summer just got away from me :) Looks like fun camping in the back yard!