I know the title is so good how could you miss reading this one. I guess only those that have gone through this or will in the near future can appreciate it. Today I finally started potty training Ellie. I should have done this months ago for purely selfish reasons, so that I'd have a longer time with no diapers. But with weather like it is here it's hard to keep kids in the house. My methods may be a bit odd but work so I'll stick with them. The secret is M&M's.
(Side note: this was kinda fun to create your own M&M character if you'd like to give it a try)
http://www.m-ms.com/us/becomeanmm/create
And that eveyone gets a reward when she goes, so the boys are very supportive. She is much easier than Weiland was, he just did not care. Hopefully we'll get this thing down with in the next couple of days. Now Todd needs to at least take the side off the crib so she can get out at night to go, it's not the bed set up but it'll have to do.
I'll be so glad when this is done, a whole day of cartoons is going to take it's toll on me but the kids think it's great, they never get to watch this many at a time. At least they can enjoy it. ( ok secretly I like these cartoons too, I got some classic Disney ones to watch from when I was a kid) 

July Photo Dump
2 months ago

3 comments:
We have several of those cartoons too. Love them. I'm so glad potty training is going well. Scotty thought it would be fun to pee on my bathroom floor today. He's been potty trained for almost a year now, where did that come from?
I hear girls are easier and more willing than boys, so since you've already done 2 boys Ellie should be a breeze! I think that's such a smart method to give everyone a treat, I am writing this one down for when I have multiple kids.
good luck to you, potty training is so not fun! i hope she gets it down before the baby is here so you can enjoy some time without diapers! i like the treat idea, then it gives her a great support group to help her along! you are so smart!!!
Post a Comment