It's official, I have a kindergartener. We have been looking forward to this day for what seems like all summer. Quinton was sooo excited to go but a little nervous about riding the bus. We talked about it last night and we started our back to school blessings. When the time came to go this afternoon, it was like I was crazy to think he'd have any problem going. He hopped right on and never looked back. Weiland shed more tears than I did about Quinton going. Both he and Ellie wanted to go too. The time at home while Quinton was at school was a little diffrent as well. Usually Wei and Ellie are at it all the time, teasing, bugging, making the other cry, you get the picture. Well after about the first half hour I think Wei realized Ellie was the only person to play with. They actually did play together for most of the time, but since those two are alot alike they help each other get into trouble. This time with the just the two of them may just be the end of me.
We were so excited to hear how Quinton's day went we camped out in the driveway waiting for the school bus. Both kids were as excited as I was to see Quinton. He said he really liked kindergarten and that he'd go back tomorrow. His favorite part was finding the cookies (what ever that is). He also brought home his first paper of the letter "A" (ok so I am soooo a first timer mom here). We're so proud of him for doing this big thing on his own. Now I just have to survive Weiland and Ellie's quesions of "do we get to go to pre-school now" but just until January : (
July Photo Dump
2 months ago

9 comments:
Way to go! Especially you Tiff, great job keeping it together on such an emotional day. I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose it or at least be unbearable to be around for a week or two. All of the kids look so big! Hope to see you guys soon!
Way to go Quinton!!!!!!
I am glad your first day was great!
We love you!!
Lacey and Ryker
oh i forgot about the heart over the best letter. he is going to love this, sounds like he already does! fun, fun!!
Big day for you guys!! isn't it so cool when they come home and can do something as simple as write the letter "A" and it is SUCH a big deal?!?! I still get so excited when Kayla comes home with a new skill, and she has been in school for a while now! great job Quentin... what a big boy you are now!! Fun, Fun, Fun!!
Ahhh! So cute! I love the letter A paper! This is so exciting. Oh my last name is Ellsworth by the way, I noticed on your little side bar thingy that it just says Jeni and I figured you probably don't know what my last name is now! :)
What an important day for you Tiffany. You have now moved into a new stage of life. Quinton marks the beginning and when your last starts kindergarden then you will start another new stage . . . you'll really like that one. I was so excited for Quinton all day today and wish I was there to see him for myself. Thank you for posting pictures and calling. Love you!
Mom
Tiff!! This is adorable...and all the journaling you've noted here...you are such a sweet Mom, and your kids will love that you are documenting all of this for them!! School is fun...last year was my big one..sending Tanner to 1st grade...ALL my kids in school all ay now..wierd..but...finally!! Enjoy the memories!!
Deb
Sweet! I'm so glad that he got right on the bus. We missed it because it came to our house first! Opps, maybe tomorrow!
From my perspective as a former kindergarten teacher, it sounds like you all did very well on your first day, especially you Tiffany, way to go Crabtrees. The letter A is one of my favorite letters too.
Post a Comment