So one more thing to do to get ready for Kindergarten at our house was to take Q to get his immunization shots. I brought this up about 3 months ago when summer began knowing we were going to have to face this. Of course Q freaked out about it and I never mentioned it again. Well I had an idea about two months later, I asked my sister if she and my nephew would come with us and do his at the same time, that way they could help each other be brave. Well it certainly worked. We tried to go yesterday to the health clinic to get them done but were disappointed they only do them on Tuesdays. The boys actualy said "aww man no shots today"; I kid you not. So we did go today and Q did really well. There were of course tears while he got the 4 in his legs but by the time we'd reached the reception desk he'd stopped. I think both boys were more excited about going to get the promised ice cream cones at McDondalds and playing that they quickly over came their tears. I'm just glad it's done. I'm so proud of my brave boy!
July Photo Dump
2 months ago

4 comments:
wow, and I thought the shots they get now are bad...
Tiffany,
I think I dreaded this more than you!!! So proud of you Quinton!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you.
Mom
That's quite an impressive assortment of band-aids he's got there! What a stroke of genius to do it with his cousin--sounds like it worked!
no kidding... our kids get 5 of hte same ole bandaid!! good job Quentin! what a big boy!! I hate shot days at the doc... has he started at Kinder yet?? it is seriously scary (for the mom) to see your kid off to school. maybe you won't be such a baby as I was!!
Post a Comment