I can't believe it's happening

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I truely thought this day would never come. Not because I wanted it to be here so bad but that it always seemed so far off. Quinton and I had a date together this last Saturday. We went into Idaho Falls to do some school shopping. At his elementry they mostly provide all the supplies and you just pay a fee, so we didn't really have a huge list of things to get. We did go to Target so he could get some new shoes and a few shirts. He also got to pick out a big kid backpack. I thought he could use a few supplies so we also picked up some paper, pencils, a pencil bag, and scissors for him to put in his backpack. We went to the mall to see about some jeans and they have a play area there and he wanted to play so I sat there for maybe five minutes and he decided it wasn't as much fun with out his brother there to play with so we left for lunch. He is so excited to start kindergarten and is sure to point out the school everytime we drive by. I loved most it just being me and him. It made me realize how important one on one time is with my kids, to make sure they get all my attention once in a while. I am so excited for him but also very scared to be giving up my protective shell I've created. He still is so innocent and I know thing are going to change all that. My only comfort is knowing that I am doing all I can here at home to protect him from the evil out there. (sorry got a little off track)

4 comments:

Halvorsen Family said...

Have tissue with you when he gets on the bus!! That's when it really hit me. I'm glad you spent some one-on-one time with Q. We used to do that with the boys. We called it "boy-night". (Real creative name, huh?) But they loved it!

The Crabtree Chronicles said...

oh, I'm already dreading letting go next year! I'm going to be a wreck! You'll do great Quinton!

belinda said...

When did Quinton grow up. He is such a big boy. I think this is so exciting. Just take lots of pictures Tiff.

Love,
Mom

emily :) said...

Isn't it crazy how time flies!? I didn't cry when Megan started kindergarten (it was more of a jumping for joy!), but she is going to start middle school this year...and I'm afraid that is going to hit me hard!! All grown up and she thinks she knows everything...I have to let go a lot more than I did when she was 5...at least then, I could pick out what she wore, who she played with and basically any other detail, but when they are older, all the control goes away!