I have totally started nesting. I blame my mom, she sent me this amazing diaper bag
and I think that set things off. Not that I'm really complaining at all but I'm getting looks from Todd like I'm crazy. I'm dying to get the car seat and have that ready.I really want the bed set up for Ellie to sleep in so she can adjust sleeping in a big girl bed instead of the crib. Todd doesn't think that is a must do now since the baby sleeps in our room for the first three months but I would feel so much better about it already done and not having to deal with it with the baby. But it also involves buying a matress. I've cleaned out the dresser and armoire of Ellie's old stuff. I've put all my newborn things in the drawers. I'm waiting to put out the newborn diaper until I have Ellie potty trained, which will happen soon I hope. I have a list of things I want done before this baby comes and I'm the only one who seems to understand that sooner is better. Well I'm off to do the next thing on my many lists. Two months to go!
Nesting
Friday, August 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Kimber is in a big girl (small size bed) but she still wakes up at night. I have the crib still in her room and if she wakes me up she has to sleep in it with the door shut. She hates that, but even when she wakes up half the time she stays in bed and putting her to bed, I tell her to stay or I have to shut the door, so if she wants it open she has to stay in bed. She does way better than Bridger. Potty training.........I am so ready to be done with diapers for the rest of my life but I dont think she is ready yet. I am going to give it a try as soon as school starts and see if it works or we will wait a bit longer
Two more months?? Hooray, you're in the home stretch! Nesting is so funny, I did it too. Two weeks before Olivia was born I took a rag and scrubbed every inch of our kitchen. Cabinets, the sink, little crevices between the tiles... I went crazy!
Tiffany,
Got your message (in Pateros) glad the bag came and more glad that you liked it. I have been looking for that polka dot blanket but so far no luck. I am glad you are feeling the excitedment of having a new baby. A big change coming for yor family. It is alot of work but so worth it. It is time to potty train Ellie and I think she is ready so set aside a day or two and just do it! I love you.
Mom
Tiff,
My son is starting seminary this year (he skipped a grade so he's young). Do you know where your mom used to get the scripture mastery memory cards with the cartoons?
Sarah
Waaaaay cute diaper bag!
I think you're smart to try and get these things out of the way before the big day. It does make things easier. On the other hand, it's not the end of the world if you can't, so don't nest yourself into a stupor!! :)
I loved the nesting stage. You really feel like you can accomplish much. But, of course, that was over 12 years ago for me and all my thoughts are cloudy (I tend to remember things were better then they actually were and I forget how really hard it was sometimes!) So I'll stop writing so you can get back to "work" :) So excited for you!
why is it that the men just DON'T understand these things?? they are totally and completley out of our controll, and they HAVE to be done... NOW! I used to bug Bri to death to get the crib set up... bring in hte old boxes of baby clothes so I can wash them... he couldn't figure out why I needed two years worth of baby clothes when the baby wasn't even born yet!! I don't know either, now... but at the time it was REALLY important!! and YES... get it all done NOW, the last thing you need is a 4th child, adn trying to adjust Ellie to potty training AND a new bed, AND not being the baby anymore... you'll be so glad you did... (I know you know that... that's why you are DOING it!!) sooo excited to meet baby #4!! and the new bag is SUPER cute... wish I had a new one!!
I'm so excited for you guys! I didn't really start nesting until about a half-month before my due date. I went crazy one weekend getting everything ready, and it's a good thing I did because my water broke the next morning! :) Good luck with all the preparations!
Haha, I just read Macie's comment, and for the record, I totally agree!
Gotta love your mom! Can I have her? Looks like this entry really got the comments. Say, be sure to check my blog...big surprise and with pictures...be sure to looke!! Love you, Jodie
Post a Comment