They can sleep anywhere

Monday, April 28, 2008

I sure miss nap time and it's only been gone from our home for about a week and it even occasionally visits, but I still miss it. I guess depending on the day and what time they went to bed or got up both Weiland and Ellie still could use a nap. I was cleaning up stairs the other day and Ellie had gone down stairs to play and watch a movie or something. I realized halfway through cleaning up her room that I hadn't heard a sound out of her for a while. I can usually hear her singing along with a song or talking to some toy but there was nothing. So I went downstairs to investigate and found her like this. She's so sweet when she sleeps that I had to capture it since naps are becoming a thing of the past for her.



Weiland still has a hard time staying awake. Right around 4pm if he's not actively doing something I'll find him with his blanket over his head and his thumb in his mouth in some obscure place fast asleep. Sometimes he sits down to watch a movie right before dinner and he konks out. This is what happened here. He had just gone downstairs and I finished dinner, i called for him to come upstairs and got no reponse. I go down stairs and sure enough he'd just dozed off. So I pick him up hoping I could revive him enough before he go too deep into sleep. So I set him at the table and he just couldn't fight it. Poor kid! We hate to let him take naps because then he's up until 10pm or 11pm and will not stay in his bed. But sometimes I just feel so bad that I let him sleep.



And then there's Quinton, the kid is wired! He is our Energizer bunny. He is the first one up and the last (of the kids) to fall asleep. I don't know where he gets his energy from the kid hardly eats anything. He always has so much engery, I take that as a good sign and don't worry so much about his eating habits. It's true if he has an especially active day by the end at bed time he'll be out like a light but if he can't burn that energy he's still going when the lights go out. I wish I could borrow some at this point, oh well.

7 comments:

erin black said...

Are you SURE there was no Benadryl involved here? jk :) That giving up the nap period is SO HARD. On everyone! Good luck!

Dacia said...

I wish I could sleep like that--on the couch that is. The trick would be to have no one bother me while I was sleeping like that. My own naps are a thing of the past too! I sure hope Lexi doesn't give them up anytime soon.

Kelli said...

Kimber only takes a nap about every other day. She will still go to bed at bedtime, but wakes up ever few hours. I need to get back to letting her cry it out. A couple days and she will sleep all night and then probably come down with a cold so I will feel guilty letting her cry so we will start all over with her up every few hours. Bridger WE CAN NOT let him sleep, he can not go in the car after 3:30pm, or he will be up until 11. Last night he woke up 5 times crying. I believe he has a sleep disorder (kimber wakes up because she has us trained) Bridger cant relax. I am with you on how much energy they have, man, can I just have a bit of it? just a bit

emily :) said...

Love naps. Miss naps. Where did you go. Please come back!

Congopit said...

My son is 3, and he still needs naps, but was never good at it. So we just left it, as either one of us would end up napping. Occasionally he konks out in the car or in front of tv, luckily still ends up sleeping at night normal time. like your blog. read it occasionally. Ingrid

Congopit said...

My son is 3, and he still needs naps, but was never good at it. So we just left it, as either one of us would end up napping. Occasionally he konks out in the car or in front of tv, luckily still ends up sleeping at night normal time. like your blog. read it occasionally. Ingrid

Alaina said...

Sooooo cute! Oh I just want to squeeze all of them.