Two Things

Sunday, October 5, 2008



First, how much I enjoyed conference. This year was the first year we were able to watch it in our own home. We've always had to rely on family to allow us in their home to watch before. And I have to say we don't create the most reverent atmosphere so thank you to mom and dad, Brad and Lacey, and Courtney and Aaron for putting up with us over the last like 4 years. The church's web site had a media player that worked for us and so we watched at home on the computer. We made the kids sit through the morning session this morning and surprisingly they did pretty well. I had copied a conference packet that my sister-in-law had emailed me and that really helped. Unfortunately the volume on the computer wasn't so great so they pretty much had to be silent for us to hear anything. It was great to hear the hope that each speaker gave to us in a world where there sometimes feels like there is none. Over all it was a wonderful two days of being uplifted.




Second, (and this has nothing to do with the first)
Todd's cousin Erica has a recipe blog and I tried the lettuce wraps from her blog and oh my heck! They tasted just like the ones at PF Changs. So anyone who is a fan of them should totally try this recipe. It made a bunch too so I can eat these for a snack in the days to come and that makes me happy! Thank you so much Erica for sharing this and I'll be trying more recipes from your blog.

1 comments:

House Family said...

Oh my goodness Tiff....I LOVE the lettuce wraps from PF Changs...so going to make these!!! Thanks a bunch!!
Debbie