Most days fly by and I wonder what did I really accomplish? Yes a few loads of laundry, cleaned up the kitchen, fed the kids, cleaned a bathroom or two, etc. But what did I really do? Did I spend any quality time with my kids? Did I just send them out to play? And the answer is usually yes, I sent them out to play. But every once in a while we have a day that is just for the kids. Today was one of those days. Today we had cousins over and carved our pumpkins. We'd been planning this all week, and the day finally arrived. The boys would ask how many sleeps until they could make their pumpkins into jack-o-lanterns. We went to Albertson's to pick out our pumpkins, one thing I really miss about Washington is their pumpkin patches, none to really be found here. The kids still loved that they got to choose their very own. The boys thought they were strong enough to carry theirs but soon discovered the pumpkins they chose were just a little to big. They've been sitting on our door step for the last four days and anyone who comes by gets to see who's pumpkin belongs to who.
Quinton has been planning his jack-o-lantern face since we got it. Triangle eyes, triangle nose, and triangle teeth. Weiland was still indecisive as was Ellie but both decided on their own faces.
After pumpkins and since the kids didn't really have a lot of hands on time due to knives, we frosted Halloween cookies and ate them. Always a huge hit and a huge mess. The sprinkles are never the same after these kids have had their hands on them.
Needless to say it was a good day and a good reminder to have fun with my kids and let the rest go for a day (or more).
July Photo Dump
2 months ago

11 comments:
You are a good mom!! Hopefully, this year I can follow suit...last year I failed...we didn't even buy pumpkins or decorate! :)
We used to do this together before you ditched us... I miss watching Todd try to decide what to carve for an hour and then carve it in 10 minutes - no patterns of course!
Yay, that looks so fun! Everytime we drive up to the house, the kids yell, "Mom, look at those scary pumpkins!!" Cute!! Our fake one is just not cutting it... Good job!
We didn't do pumpkins last year...maybe this year if Doug is up for it! Good for you! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.
What an awesome job you guys did! You don't give yourself enough credit for how GREAT a mom you are!! Remember women's conference :)
will they be moldy by halloween? or is it cold enough to perserve them? Remember the one thing about going to the pumpkin patches here in WA is RAIN RAIN RAIN, hehe
Oh what a fun day! this looks really fun and I bet the kids had a lot of fun too, I like all the pumpkins! I agree with other posters on here, you are a fantastic mom and beating yourself up is "not helpful" AND a clean home is as important as fun days :) Isn't fall fun??
Since this really is your tradition I am not surprised to see you had a great day and that you included the cousins. All moms feel they don't spend enough quality time with kids but days like this one feel good to everyone involved. Thanks for being such a good mom and taking pictures so I can see too. Only thing that would have been better is if I could have been there too. Good memorie making Tiff and great looking pumpkins kids!
What a great day. I forget to have fun with my kids also. I love the days when you just have fun. I love the pumpkins.
This is a wonderful post. The photos are wonderful. How blessed you are.
Post a Comment