Totally Random

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

So I don't know why I feel the need to do this but who can understand the workings of a pregnant woman's mind? Not me.
Foods I'm fixed on at the moment: apples and carmel dip, and not just any apples, Honeycrisp apples. They are the best, can't have any of those soft, mushy things. These are sweet, juicy, and crisp. Unforturnatly the store here only carried them for like two days and now I have to settle for Galas.
Next would be tuna fish sandwiches with pickles and sprouts. Again it has to be a certain kind of tuna, all white albacore. I sat down the other day to eat one and my kids were at the table and I think it was Ellie that said "ewww grass" to the sprouts coming out of my sandwich. Both boys turned to look and said, "mom you're eating grass?" Needless to say, I won't have to share my sprouts with anyone. And lastly, hot chocolate and toast with homemade raspberry jam. I know it is weird, and I'm sure that now you can all sleep better at night knowing what I'm eating. : )
On another note, I feel like this month is going to fly by. I have two parties I'm doing this month and am excited about both. First is my Activity Days Dinner that I'm planning and cooking for. I do have help, thank goodness, but I am a bit of a control freak when it comes to things like this. I want things done a certain way and I don't really trust many people to be able to do it like I would. So of course I have a lot on my plate with this one. Second is my sister's baby shower two days before I'm scheduled to have this baby. We came up with a great theme and I'm really excited to put this together. Again I have great help from my other sister and my sister's sister-in-law. I'll post picture of both events (if I can remember my camera) once they're done. I've been out collecting things for both parties and luckily will be rembursed for one of them.
So that's the ramblings of this pregnant woman, until I feel like sharing my dietary needs again. : )

6 comments:

Kelli said...

YUM YUM YUM. I love HC apples. we have some right now in the frig. I love tuna with pickles and ok, I will try it with sprouts, sounds good. And I have short term memory so I cant remember the other thing. But I know it sounded yummy

Jeni said...

Actually that tuna sandwich with sprouts and pickles sounds pretty good! I LOVED tuna when I was pregnant. Tuna and tomato soup. There are much worse things you could be craving! At least its a healthy fish and fruit!

Halvorsen Family said...

Ahhh, I remember the cravings. Mine was macaroni salad and grapefruit juice. Go figure! Can't wait to see the parties. You always do such a fantastic job, Tiffany.

MaryRC said...

I've hopped over here from Dacia's blog, her halloween kudos to you perked my interest!

Ever tried bruschetta toast or croissant with a slice of ham, cheese of your choice and a thin slice of granny smith apple... Toast it a bit and I'm tellin ya pregnant lady it is OH SO YUMMY!

I'm gonna poke around a little more, if you don't mind. Take care of you and your bun..

Mary Rockwood-Crabtree

familybrew7 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
familybrew7 said...

Honey Crisp are the YUMMIEST apples ever! They sure don't have much of a "shelf life" though. I think Wenatchee should have more HC orchards, simply because they are so yummy. I am sure your parties will go perfectly and the decorations, games and food will be excellent. Enjoy!!!