Life Goes On

Friday, September 19, 2008

I'm happy to report that all are well here at the Crabtree household, and I never did catch what was going around, thank heavens. I've had full nights sleep for the last 3 days and am feeling more like myself again. Of course one problem follows another, Ellie and her tantrums. Yesterday she had fallen asleep by noon due to the fit she through the half hour before. Of course I can't remember the reason and neither can she but she'd been in her room screaming and kicking and finally came out and lay down next to me on the couch and was asleep within 5 minutes. This happens more than once a day (not the nap part just the fit part) and my patience is being tested. I'm hoping this phase passes quickly and that we can get on with normal days again. Quinton still loves to go to kindergarten and everyday when he comes home he says "I learned something today" and then tells me what letter they learned. When they were doing the assesment testing a few weeks back he came home and said "I didn't learn anything today" (with a sad expresion on his face). Weiland of course is living everyday outside getting the most out of what I'm sure is the end of the nice weather days, he's miserable during the winter when he's stuck in the house most days. Luckily he'll have preschool to help shake things up. Todd is gone much more now that he's back in school and I'm having to readjust to the longer periods when he's not home. I took for granted his presence here and how him just being here helped my sanity. I'm in big trouble when he leaves for his inturnship. And so yes life moves along and I wonder what I've gotten done and what good thing I did.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

I am glad everyone is healthy. Yeah for THAT. I hate it when the kids are sick. My days are long now also with football on. Kevin leaves about 6am and gets home about 7:30 or 8pm except fridays about midnight. Saturdays are shorter, only from about 8 to 2. Yeah for sundays. hehe

Angie said...

Glad everyone is feeling better. We just went through the tantrum thing with Hayden. (We still have about 1 every other day, but it IS getting better).

Too cute about Quinton's wanting to learn something every day.

Where is Todd doing his internship?

Dacia said...

I'm so glad that you didn't catch the sickness. I think I'm finally getting over it myself :)