This year the 4th turned out to be very hot and sticky. Don't get me wrong I love that it was hot and sunny and that you didn't have to worry about getting rained on, that part of WA I don't miss. Our day started with the parade. This year we got smart, my wonderful brother-in-law had a great idea of using a canopy this year. What a life saver! It made all the difference, loved the shade. We had to scout out our spots early (thank you Court for getting me up) and ended up with great seats. I think the best part of the parade for Quinton was running out collecting the candy that was thrown, mind you he didn't eat the candy just collected (picky, picky, picky) Weiland of course loved the horses and Ellie well she was busy doing what ever else.
After the parade we went home and sat downstairs in the cool basement and watched a movie while mom took a nap (thank you Todd). The kids also ended up outside to play, can I just say that I can't wait for the construction to be done around my house and the dirt pile gone. I don't know how she does it but Eillie got so dirty. Well then we cleaned up, or so I thought, and went over to Todd's bosses home for a barbeque. He is a very nice man and I'm glad Todd has such a nice boss. We didn't really know anyone there and so didn't stay too long.
Finally it was time to go to to the neighborhood get together. The kids love to play with all the kids in the neighborhood and even better are the toys at the neighbors house. We have an awsome neighborhood, and it was so fun to get together. We all shared in the fireworks and wern't dissappointed. This picture shows how the kids spent most of the evening, with their hands over thier ears. Weiland wasn't to into the whole fireworks thing and didn't even want a sparkler. Quinton thought it was great actually in his word it was "fantastic" in fact he kept saying that all night. Ellie liked the sparklers as long as they wern't lit. All in all we had a great 4th of July.
We are so blessed to live where we do, and I am so thankful to those who have given their lives to protect our country and to those who protect it still. What a blessing our freedom is, may we never take it for granted.
July Photo Dump
2 months ago

4 comments:
hmmm, a canopy, GENIUS!
OOOOO fun! I am so mad that we souldn't come this year!! it sounds like you day was chock full of fun stuff, as always with you!! My kids were so disappointed! they didn't realize we weren't coming (I didn't tell them cause I am a chicken!) until that night we got out the sparklers, and they reminded me they were supposed to be in Idaho for this part! we sure missed you! and glad you had a fun day!!
Hi Tiffany, Sounds like your 4th was fun! We had a great time too and I will post in a couple of days when I am not running and unpacking after our trip, not to mention laundry! We ALMOST went to Idaho Falls for the 4th! I just want to ask a few ??'s about weather (Winters) and of course life in Idaho..is it a "bubble" world like Utah is? So email me at sherryshands@yahoo.com and we will talk more in detail about "stuff" I hope you are feeling fantastic and not getting to drained from the heat!
Hey, I know you have a full plate, but I just want you to know that I miss the "creative outlet" blog. It's been a while since I've seen any new cute stuff posted. No guilt, just know we love to see what you create! Love you.
Post a Comment