HURRAY! They're done

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Todd did an amazing job building these bunkbeds for the boys. It was a long process and i love him for taking the time to do this and his attention to all the detail. The boys love them! They call it their "treehouse"bed and love to climb the ladder. Now the trick will be to keep Ellie from hurting herself by trying to climb into that top bunk, the girl is fearless and wants to be right where the boys are. Oh help! Thank you honey for your hard work, they're beautiful.

this is how the bed looked for quite a while. Todd had every piece cut out and painted before he assembled.

We were so excited to see the pieces come together and take the shape of the bed.

Late Saturday night it's finally put together in the boys room, but not without some difficult situations and some adjusting to be done.

5 comments:

Dacia said...

They look great! It must be nice to park in the garage again! Wow, Todd, I'm truly amazed at how talented you are. You both are the talented duo!

The Crabtree Chronicles said...

I am so impressed! Wow, they look like you bought them from the Pottery Barn or something! Great job Todd, I may have to commission you for some projects here...or get you to teach Doug at least. :)

Love,
B

Macie Crabtree said...

very cute bunk beds!! come and make us some!! we can barely fit in our tiny 3 bedroom condo, we could use something like this!! great job Todd... sooo... why is Todd the only brother that can make bunk beds??

emily :) said...

Yeah! I love the bunkbeds! It's always fun to get new furniture! :)

erin black said...

Wow! Those are amazing!! I think I know what Todd's talent will be for the family reunion! :)