Can I just say. . . .

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Can I just say this snow is never going to go away! Last winter I was thinking I could handle it here in Rexburg no problem. Sure it got cold, freeze your nose hairs cold, but we've got coats. We had snow which was great, the kids loved it and it was really pretty and it was gone by March. WHEN WILL THIS END! I planted daffodils and tulips last fall and have been looking forward to seeing them all winter, my kids keep asking when were going to plant things, they helped me last spring plant my petunias in my planters and had a great time playing in the mud in their SHORTS. I understand a fast thaw here would mean serious flooding but these mounds of snow are going to be here until the 4th of July at this rate. Our swing set is slowly emerging and I'm anxiously awaiting the day we can see the seats of the swings again, how sad. I envy my sister-in-laws in Texas and CA and even in WA.
Ok enough complaining, I am blessed in many ways. I live near my sisters, I have great friends, my family is doing well and the roads are clear. Thanks for a listening ear, or eyes I guess.

4 comments:

John and Trina Busch said...

I agree!!! This winter will never end! I think as cold as it is, we will have snow built up until July, if it will ever stop comming down!

erin black said...

Seriously! What have we done to make Mother Nature so mad at us? Maybe she's going through menopause and is just moody. But shouldn't she be having hot flashes instead? hmmm...
And HEY! Congrats on the bun in the oven! Awesome!

Angie said...

I remember being in Rexburg and thinking that the snow would never go away. In fact, most years there was still some snow around when school got out in April. I'm sure you'll get to see your daffodils soon enough.

emily :) said...

I think there has been record snowfall everywhere! I know Brian wishes we lived in a place with a lot of snow...however, I'm very glad that we don't! When I lived in Rexburg, we had snowfall the first week of MAY! Crazy! Good luck :)